FCAI Office, Aurora
Training on All Forms of Illegal Harassment & Discrimination
On Thursday, December 5th, FCAI will be hosting an Anti-Harassment Seminar for FCAI Contractor members who fill the roles as Supervisors, Managers, and Business Owners. This seminar will be held at the FCAI Office in Aurora.
The State of Illinois recently created a NEW LAW mandating ANNUAL anti-harassment training for ALL employers and ALL employees beginning in 2020. While the focus of the mandate is on sexual harassment, all forms of illegal harassment and discrimination should be discussed.
The training requires certain subjects and topics to be identified and discussed. Please join Management-Side Labor & Employment Attorney Jeffrey A. Risch of SmithAmundsen LLC, for what is sure to be a lively discussion on what SUPERVISORS, MANAGERS, and BUSINESS OWNERS must know and do in lock-step with this mandate.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Individual responsibilities to know, and potential liabilities to avoid;
- What is unlawful harassment and discrimination under local, state, and federal laws;
- Available rights and remedies under applicable laws;
- Internal anti-harassment policies, as well as complaint mechanisms and related investigations designed to prevent and remediate inappropriate conduct; and
- Other timely legal developments related to harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
1991 W Downer Place
Aurora, IL 60506
For a printer-friendly flyer, click here
Registration is now closed.