FCAI Office, Aurora
Comprehensive Training on How to Identify if an Employee is Impaired by Drugs or Alcohol
FCAI will be hosting the important and pertinent seminar - Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors on Thursday, February 13, at the FCAI Office in Aurora.
With the legalization of marijuana, it is important that all supervisors, managers, owners, and other personnel who oversee employees, receive this training and know the proper reasonable suspicion process.
This training is required by DOT (Department of Transportation) and many lawyers recommend the same training for all supervisors (and/or other personnel who oversee employees) that might be asked to assess an employee to determine if a reasonable suspicion drug and/or alcohol test should be conducted.
This seminar will include the following training:
- 60 minutes of training on the symptoms of alcohol abuse
- 60 minutes of training on the symptoms of controlled substances use
- Teach supervisors (and/or other personnel who oversee employees) to identify circumstances and indicators that may create reasonable suspicion that a worker is using or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, supporting referral of an employee for testing
- Regulatory requirements regarding reasonable suspicion determination
- The reasonable suspicion process (observe, confirm, document, confront, test)
- How to approach a worker (techniques to use to ease tense situations)
- How to handle difficult situations when confronting workers
- Documenting observed behavior
- What happens after testing?
- The warning signs of alcohol misuse and drug abuse and what you should look for when determining reasonable suspicion
- The effects of alcohol and drugs on the body
Upon completion of the class, each participant will receive a completion certificate.
7:00 a.m. Breakfast & Networking
8:00 a.m - 11:00 a.m. Reasonable Suspicion Training for Supervisors Seminar
1991 W Downer Place
Aurora, IL 60506
This is a free event.
About the Presenter - Steve Stetson
Steve is the Manager of DSP Safety Services, a division of DSP Insurance Services, Inc. and has worked in the insurance field since 1990. Steve’s current role is to provide high-end safety services for contractors and other industries in the Chicago area. These services consist of facility inspections, program development, employee training, and presentations to management.
For a printer-friendly flyer, click here