The FCAI Larry Nedrow Scholarship was created by the NIPDI Board of Trustees to further educational development within the market served by NIPDI contributing contractors. FCAI scholarships are offered on behalf of the finishing industry. It is not required that the nominee/applicant contribute to the NIPDI fund, be related to a NIPDI contributing contractor, or have any connection with FCAI. A scholarship recipient’s event is planned to receive your award and celebrate all scholarship winners.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIPS – CLOSED FOR 2023
- Complete the FCAI Scholarship Application Form, including signatures of the sponsor and the applicant
- Write a 500-word essay concerning the applicant’s educational objectives and how the following shaped his/her current thinking. Please write about the following (if applicable):
- Involvement in high school activities · Needs-based information · Employment experience
- Community and/or church involvement · Positions of leadership · Plans for the future
- Family background · Honors received
- The NIPDI/FCAI Board of Directors will screen all applications, select FCAI scholarship recipients, announce winners by April 1 and report all results to the FCAI scholarship applicants and recipients, the media, and the membership of FCAI contractors as determined by the Board.
The Scholarship applications for 2024 will open in October.
1991 W Downer Place
Aurora, IL 60586
Email your applications to email@example.com
The nominations for the “Excellence in Safety Award” and the “Employee of the Year” awards are now CLOSED for 2023.
Employee of the Year Documents
Is there someone within your company who goes beyond his or her duties on a regular basis? Does the nominee have a superior work ethic, is dedicated to high-quality workmanship, and who deserves to be recognized? Take this opportunity to recognize an employee who stands out and has made a positive contribution within your company. A nominee for this award may be an employee who works either in the office or on the jobsite (part of Painters District Council 30).
The award evaluations will be based on the following:
- Quality Workmanship/Quality of Work Produced
- Superior Teamwork
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Accomplishments (written examples of exceptional work done by the employee)
- Involvement in Industry Trade Associations
- Volunteerism within the Community
Please complete the nomination form and remit (by email, fax, or mail) to the FCAI Office by January 8, 2023.
Excellence in Safety Award Documentation
In an ongoing commitment to promoting safety within the construction industry, FCAI seeks to recognize individuals who exemplify outstanding safety performance. FCAI Contractors may nominate one individual per company for this award. This individual (staff, safety director, PDC #30 union member, or other employees) should demonstrate consistent safe working habits and should warrant recognition by you, the employer, and co-workers who benefit from their conscientious safety efforts. Please include the company’s current EMR and other safety statistics, the company’s safety program, history, and stories of the nominee, and/or relevant safety certifications in conjunction with completion of the application form below.
The award evaluations will be based on:
- Conscious implementation and devotion to safety on the jobsite/workplace
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of safety (procedures, rules, PPE, etc.)
- Demonstrated personal belief in safety to business operations and job performance
- Safety training history
- Active employee participation in company safety culture
- Knowledge of company safety program
We look forward to awarding these again in 2024.